Friday 17 February 2012

OCR PE Unit 6.5 - Athletics Based Sport High Jump

OCR PE Unit 6.5


Athletics Based Sport - High Jump


Basic Skills oif the game/ How have I improved?

I have improved...the precision of my run up

I have improved...the momentum I have built up


How have I improved? What drills have I used?

I have completed 2 drills to improve both my aggressive run up and knowing what height I can jump at. These are -

Ensuring a precise and building up momentum -

Curving the run up:



Begginning run to the centre of the bar at a precise time:





Clearing the bar with aggression and momentum:




Low to High Jumps - I started with the bar at 1.02m, and finsished at 1.10m as I didn't clear the bar at this height. I did this drill to find out in a competition to find out when I should
enter -


Very low height 





Low height




High height






Very high height









Skill Level Chart



Begginner                                  My Skill Level                                                         Advanced




What did I do well

In the performances in the videos I:

Built up good momentum
Displayed good accaleration when clearing
Showed a precise run up

In the performances in the videos to better my performance I could have:

Arched my back more
Jumped later on in the approach


In the videos I was jumping at around 1.04 at the highest height

No comments:

Post a Comment