Friday 10 February 2012

OCR PE Unit 6.5 Games Based Sport Cricket

OCR PE Unit 6.5


Games Based Sport - Cricket


Basic Skills of the Game and what I have Improved

I have improved...the power of my throw to the wicket keeper/bowler

I have improved...the accuracy of my bowling

I have improved...my forward and backward defensive shots




What have I done to Improve these? What drills have I used?

To improve the power of my throw in the winter nets I put up a set of stumps and stood roughly 20 ft from them. I practiced the technique and then focused on the accuracy. I also watched videos of how to throw a long distance cricket ball -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhA4H3JvMhc



To improve my forward defensive and straight drive shot I have kept on practising in the nets. I found that what I was doing wrong in these shots was not getting out to the ball. So, to practice this I got my dad to not bowl full length, but to bowl some throw downs to get use to not letting the ball spin or cut in or out. Many of my dismissals have been due to not being able to play these shots properly.




To improve the accuracy of my bowling I have started bowling in my back garden and in the nets with only one stump in the ground. The problem with my accuracy was trying to bowl to quickly. If I bowl a consistent speed, line and length that I am comfortable with, then I bowl at my best.


Below is me demonstrating some of these drillls and how I have improved my weaknesses' -


Power of my throw drill - I stood 20 ft from the wicket with a set of stumps in the ground, I threw the ball to the stumps, imagining a wicket keeper was behind them -




Forward defensive and straight drive shots - I continuously tried to play these two shots to every possible delivery. This helped me to get out to the pitch of the ball.




Accuracy of my bowling - I lay down the bowlers marker and try to hit it as this improves my accuracy, line, length and speed when I bowl.



All of the drills above have improved my game both bowling, batting and fielding.  


Video Analysis of Skill Levels

Below are three short clips of me fielding, bowling and batting, showing how my skill level has improved my game -


Fielding/Catching


Bowling


 
Batting





Skill Level of Beginner to Advanced, from Start to where I am now



 Beginner                                                                       My Skill Level             Advanced








No comments:

Post a Comment