Friday 17 February 2012

OCR PE Unit 6.5 - Gymnastics Based Sport - Trampolining

OCR PE Unit 6.5


Gymnastics Based Sport - Trampolining


Basic Skills and What I have improved in


I have improved...the form of the routine

I have improved...the complexity and difficulty of the moves

I have improved...the variety of moves

I have improved...my balance


What have I done to improve?  What drills have I used? 

I have done two drills to improve my performance in trampolining. At the moment I can perform simple jumps with OK form and good balance.

To improve my balance I did a drill when I purely focused on landing on the cross and to improve my form I only performed straight jumps.


Straight Jump Drill -



In this performance I pointed my toes well, kept a straight posture and kept a fairly good balance.




Landing on the cross drilll -




In this performance the majority of the jumps were performed accurately and I landed on the cross around 70 - 75% of the time.



These drills strongly helped improve the skill level that I am at (which is just over beginner level) and benefited different aspects of the routines I perform. My skill level is shown below - 


Video Analysis - Skill level

Simple routine in 3 different forms, straight, piked and tucked -




Rating:    8/10



Routine showing bad form and balance before I performed the drills -




Rating:    4/10



Skill Level Chart


Begginner      My Skill Level                                                                                  Advanced


Evaluating my Performance

In the videos I showed:

Good technique
Accurate routine
Looked fairly well rehearsed


I should work on my balance
I should work on my form



No comments:

Post a Comment